Associate of Arts: Church Ministries
Certification and Licensing
The Associate of Arts in Church Ministries provides the basic educational background and training in ministry, the Bible, and theology required for more effective church ministry. This program is optimized to help fulfill the education requirements for certification and licensing with the Assemblies of God. (Students should always consult first with their district or network leadership for full requirements.) After successfully completing the program, the student will be able to serve in a variety of church ministry positions.
100% Web-Based Degree
At Global University, we believe an accredited degree is for anyone, anytime, everywhere. That’s why we are introducing our 100% web-based Associate of Arts in Church Ministries degree.
- Earn an accredited degree (60 credit hours total).
- Eight-week classes, study when and how you need to.
- Continue serving your family and your church while you study.
- Affordable pricing—our goal is for you to graduate with no school debt!
- Fulfill educational requirements for Assemblies of God certification, licensing, and ordination.
- National networks/study hosts.
After successfully completing the Associate of Arts in Church Ministries program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in Bible study methodology, especially as this discipline contributes to sermon preparation.
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of the organization and basic content of the Old and New Testaments.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the theological principles and doctrines that serve as a foundation of Pentecostal Christian faith.
- Apply relevant fundamental biblical and theological principles in local ministry contexts. These principles include management of interpersonal conflicts, a standard of exemplary ethical conduct, and the servant-oriented use of spiritual authority.
- Demonstrate fundamental proficiency in a variety of pastoral leadership functions, including ecclesial responsibilities, preaching, administration, and chairing meetings.
- Appreciate and practice lifelong learning.
My name is Blue Sky. I am currently enrolled in the Associates of Arts in Church Ministries program with Global University. Ever since I graduated high school in 2018, it has been a dream to go to college, but it didn’t seem possible. I decided to enroll in this program because I never had the opportunity to be part of a school without being thousands of dollars in debt. This new program has been a fantastic opportunity. I have completed two courses, but I have learned so much already and feel closer to God because of my studies … I look forward to learning more and working towards my goals.